Beit T’Shuvah is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring you have a positive experience on our website. This policy outlines our personal information data handling practices. If you give us personal information, we will treat it according to this policy.
This policy covers the Beit T’Shuvah website.
Our Commitment to Our Donors
We will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
This policy applies to all information received by Beit T’Shuvah, both online and offline, on any Platform (“Platform”, includes the Beit T’Shuvah website and mobile applications), as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
Information We Collect
When Beit T’Shuvah collects any personal information through our website, we will indicate our need for the personal data at the time of collection. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you as an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, postal or other physical address, title, occupation, and other information required to provide a service, acknowledge a donation, deliver a product, or to carry out a transaction you have requested.
The personal information that we may collect or receive broadly falls into the following three categories:
- Information Beit T’Shuvah receives directly from clients or potential customers, members of the congregation, or donors: For example, an individual interested in Beit T’Shuvah services may provide personal information to engage in our services or sign up for an information newsletter or any other direct Beit T’Shuvah interaction.
- Information Beit T’Shuvah collects from other sources: For example, we may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as social media platforms and third-party data providers.
Use of Personal Information
We will only use your personal information in the way we specified when it was collected. We will not subsequently change the way your personal information is used without your consent. Some of the ways we may use your personal information include:
- To contact you and provide you with billing information
- To provide feedback and support
- To provide you information on our events and services in accordance with your preferences
- In response to your online inquiry to provide you with information or services that you have requested from us
- To conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better services. Your completion of any questionnaires is voluntary
- To support recruitment inquiries
- To understand more about you, so we can personalize newsletters and websites to your preferences
- To allow you to forward information to another individual such as a friend or co-worker.
Beit T’Shuvah does not store the personal information of the third party. We collect the information for the sole purpose of sending a one-time email. If you choose to use our referral service to inform a colleague or friend, we will only ask for a contact name and email address
- To meet contract obligations
- To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes.
Legal Basis for Processing
Before Beit T’Shuvah collects and uses personal information, it will be deemed necessary and compliant with global privacy best practice legal standards.
We will collect and use personal information from you where the processing is in our legitimate interests, including improving, maintaining, providing, and enhancing our services, ensuring the security of the services and our websites, and for our marketing activities. We will be respectful to not override your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
Retention of Data
Beit T’Shuvah will retain personal records indefinitely unless we have been asked to destroy information based on a contractual obligation or if you have asked to be removed or “deleted” from all personal data lists (see Other Data Protection Rights below).
Other Data Protection Rights
You have the right to request access, correction, withdrawal of consent or deletion of your personal information. Beit T’Shuvah takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, or deleting your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beit T’Shuvah will respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in a timely manner. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
How We Share Information
- Our service providers who help us provide and support our services and other necessary business-related functions.
- Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where disclosure is necessary (a) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (b) to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights, or (c) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
Public Information & Third-Party Websites
Beit T’Shuvah has public information on our website. If your personal information or image appears on our site without your consent and you would like to have it removed, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Our Data Security
Beit T’Shuvah stores all personal information in our United States-based headquarters and takes appropriate and reasonable measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, or disclosure.
Questions & Concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COOKIES & TRACKING TECHNOLOGY POLICY
Effective September 1, 2019