Happy Birthday to You!
Congregation Beit T’Shuvah Celebrates Sober Birthdays
You may have heard us say “we guarantee you’ve never experienced a Shabbat service like ours before.” One of the reasons for that is our celebration of sober birthdays. Offering a truly transformative experience to those who witness it, residents and alumni from the community celebrate their annual sober birthdays by sharing gratitude with the community, and inviting friends and family to join them as they take their cake.
Each week people celebrate anywhere from one year to 25+ years sober, all with the loving support of the entire congregation.
To sign up for your sober birthday celebration, please fill out the form below or email Congregation@beittshuvah.org
Now Celebrate With Us- IN PERSON!
COVID-19 UPDATE FOR IN-PERSON PARTICIPATION: EFFECTIVE JANUARY 7TH, 2022
Effective January 7th, 2022, we are welcoming those celebrating a birthday to come IN-PERSON to Friday Night Services at Beit T’Shuvah to take their cake. Those who wish to still take their cake virtually, will be able to via Zoom (click here for link). If you choose to take your cake in-person, in order to ensure the safety and health of our residents, staff, and community, please carefully read the following regulations in place for the service:
- At this time, in-person services are only being offered to those taking a birthday cake that night and can choose to bring up to 4 additional guests (limit of 5 seats total, including the person taking a cake).
- Everyone in attendance will be required to pre-register (below). There will be no walk-ins permitted to the service without prior registration.
- To attend the service, you and your guest(s) must submit proof of vaccination. You can use the form below to upload proof. If you do not upload proof of vaccination for you or your guest(s) through this form, we will be emailing you a link to do so. THERE WILL BE NO ONE PERMITTED TO ATTEND SERVICES IN-PERSON WITHOUT PROOF OF VACCINATION SUBMITTED PRIOR TO THE SERVICE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Check in for Friday Night Services will begin at 6:15pm (15 minutes prior to start of service). We ask that you please do not check-in before 6:15pm. Entry is only permitted at the entrance of our sanctuary (8847 Venice Blvd.). The main doors at 8831 Venice are inaccessible to the public.
- Masks will be required for the entire duration of the service, including upon arrival and departure.
- Parking: there is metered parking along Venice Blvd. Please be mindful of parking restrictions.
- There will be no meal provided following the service. Also please note that usual BTS gathering spaces will not be accessible– including but not limited to: coffee bar, shirley’s patio, garage, or any areas outside the 8847 sanctuary space.
- If you have any questions, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
- If you would like to be a Shabbat Sponsor, please click here.